Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tips on studying for the IBCLC exam

I wrote down all my studying methods and resources just after I took the LC exam, but was superstitiously unwilling to post anything until I knew I passed. (Plus, who knew if it was good study advice or not??)

It's now a long time since I found out that I had passed, but I'm trying to work through my backlog of half-finished posts and realized that this one has just been sitting forgotten for months! I did my best to finish it up with what I still remember about my studying. So if you're preparing for the IBCLC exam, here are my study suggestions...

Edit, 2018: The rest of this post, freshly updated, is now here on a new blog I'm contributing to. Please click through to read the rest!

6 comments:

Tiffany Hope said...

Thank you for this! I'm an LLL leader who is just starting to feel out my way to studying for the IBCLC. I appreciate you sharing your resources.

pinky said...

Thanks that was helpful.

Anonymous said...

This was a really helpful post. Just to add--the Riordan text *is* amazing, and the study guide was nice to get lots of practice questions in. I found the practice questions in the study guide to be a LOT harder than the exam, but they sure taught me a lot!

AgentP said...

I used your guideline and passed with flying colors. I wish I had read it before paying for extra courses that only disappointed! I don't have a medical background either and the IBCLC exam was very doable with these resources.

AgentP said...

I used your recommendations and passed with flying colors. I did take the prep course at e-Health Learning with was very good.

Jen said...

This us great, thanks so much for taking the time to post. It's so hard to know whether what you're studying is going to be appropriate or sufficient until you're through it!