Monday, April 26, 2010

Letter for the last weeks of pregnancy

Lately, I've been wanting a link to an article or blog post that I could pass on to friends and doula clients in their last weeks of pregnancy. That is such an impatient, vulnerable time, especially because almost every mom I've ever worked with has thought their baby would come early. To think you're about to give birth any day starting at week 38...and then still be pregnant at 40+6...not fun, and ripe for induction (not the cervix - the mind). How best to counsel patience? This doula does it so well:

Dear I-feel-like-I've-been-pregnant-forever

(via Enjoy Birth)

1 comment:

doula los angeles said...

Hahah that is a great post! Thanks so much for the link to the site, I totally felt like that during my pregnancy. Wish I had that to read when I was at that point.