Monday, July 12, 2010

Breastfeeding support for women in the military

Just came across this site: Breastfeeding in Combat Boots. The website and the associated book answer questions like:

o How do I get breastfeeding off to a good start in only six short weeks?

o Can I pump while in the desert for training exercises?

o Is my pump allowed onboard ship?

o Do I need to pump and dump if I’ve been exposed to JP-8?

Questions like "Can I breastfeed while I'm in uniform?" might never occur to someone who's never been associated with the military and even those who are probably don't have a ready answer! If you are a mom on active duty in the military, or someone who works near a base or in a military hospital, take a look - you can even join the discussion on the forums.

1 comment:

Robyn Roche-Paull said...

I am the author of Breastfeeding in Combat Boots and I thank you for posting about my book! Military women need all the support they can get to be successful.