In the meantime, some links:
* Jessica Valenti on learning to love her baby through a harrowing delivery and long NICU stay
* From Birthing Beautiful Ideas, these are many of the reasons that I too love being a doula!
* Elita at Blacktating ponders the idea of the "relief bottle".
* A doula's birth story that highlights some of the ways a doula can play an important role in a planned cesarean
* The Unnecesarean links to this excellent piece on the co-opting of "pregnancy is not a disease" by anti-contraception organizations, and then breaks it down:
...this whole conversation is ridiculous. We are only having it because somebody, somewhere, is upset that women are having sexy non-babymaking funtimes they don’t approve of, and they’re determined to make us all pay for their inability to deal with not everybody agreeing with them that this is bad.Go on, read the whole thing!
* And for the lighter side of things... I've just discovered the webcomic Married to the Sea, and in celebration they clearly did a comic just for me:
There are lots more!