Sunday, November 16, 2008

Wow, a reasoned friendly discussion!

The article this week in the NY Times about home birth of course occasioned pages and pages of comments. The "my baby would have died at home, you need to put your baby's life before your 'birth experience'" and the "I had an unassisted birth and everything was totally fine" - essentially anonymous, mostly anecdotal, and mostly depressing because I feel like the discussion is in no way advanced.

And then I came across this blog entry. Wow - a woman writes about her plan for natural birth, and other women respond sharing their stories and discussing their opinions in a respectful and balanced way. I enjoyed it in that it was literally a joy to read. I hadn't realized how flamewar so many other discussions get until I read one obviously conducted by reasonable adults.

No comments: